I recently took my first trip to the United States which involved travelling from London to Orlando for a wedding and then travelling from Orlando to New York. As this was a multi trip and my first trip to the USA I did a lot of different research to make sure my trip went as smoothly as possible. I rely on posts about peoples experiences, recommendations on sights to see, places to eat etc and I find the information very useful.
I’ve put together my own list of things, that I think might help you when travelling to the United States
Click on the links below for further information:
- Essential things you need when travelling to the United States
- Where to stay when in New York City.
- New York City travel blog
- Top 5 Things to do in New York City
Here is my quick list of things to remember when travelling to the USA:
- Ensure you have the correct visa requirements, for British passports an Esta visa is required and I recommend applying months in advance, for further details on correct visas please see the USA visa requirements
- Passport, I mean you will be surprised how many people forget this
- Travel Insurance, make sure you get the correct travel insurance, otherwise you will have to pay for any medical treatment you might need.
- Check with your airline for requirements on travelling with electronic devices such as laptops, tablets, mobile phones, as there are currently new laws in place in the USA with regards to travelling with electrical items.
- Be prepared for the questions at immigration upon arrival into the USA. Have all the details ready, such as the place you are staying, how you will get to the hotel, what you plan on doing during your stay and how long you will staying the United States, these are just a few questions you might get asked during immigration check, if you don’t answer with confidence or don’t know the answers you could be pulled to one side for further questioning.
- Ensure you have some USA dollars in cash upon arrival, this is always handy when you travel to any country.
Disclaimer: This post has been written based on my own experience and opinion’s. Therefore if you need any further information please ensure you ask or visit the relevant online government and travel websites.