My husband and I stayed at The Lexington hotel New York City, Autography Collection, which is in Midtown, New York. Key things we look for when choosing a hotel is location, value for money, the interiors of the hotel and most importantly reviews and ratings from previous customers. We have left a review on booking.com but I thought I would also leave a review here for anyone who is looking for more information about the experience we received at The Lexington Hotel New York.
Stay: 5 Nights in October 2017
Room: Queen Room
Price: £1250 (based on two adults sharing)
Breakfast included: No
Travel from JFK: Uber on the day we arrived, Yellow Cab on the day we left on weekends they have a set price to the airport.
- Location is amazing, Grand Central Station, Rockefeller centre, Radio City, Times Square, Chrysler building, are all within walking distance
- Plenty of food establishments close to the hotel, with no breakfast included this was great, also note that you can have food delivered to the hotel
- The hotel is very artistic and the room looks modern
- TV, hairdryer, iron and board, shower toiletries are included in the room
- Unlimited bottled and jug water supply available at reception
- Staff [minus 1, which i’ll get to in the cons] were very helpful, I really appreciate the help of the staff member who checked us out, his kindness to ensure we were ok and had everything we needed whilst we waited for our taxi to the airport was most appreciated
- The hotel room was so much smaller then we anticipated it to be from the photos online at Booking.com. There was not enough room to even have two suitcases opened at the same time.
- There was no wardrobe or drawers where we could keep our clothes and we had to live out of our suitcase
- The storage that was available was only big enough for us to store our suitcase
- When I asked for 1 bottle of water at reception I was informed bottled water was for only Marriott members only which was not true as other employees happily gave me bottled water on all the previous days. I wasn’t too pleased as I wanted to take it out with me for the day
- Hotel room was pretty dusty and dust gathered even after it had been cleaned
- No room service available
I would recommended this hotel, our overall stay was very pleasant and positive and the location is great. This was my first time in New York and I wanted to ensure that we stayed in a location which was close to the subway, attractions etc. At the time of booking, this hotel fitted our criteria, for value, location and interior aesthetics. This wasn’t the cheapest hotel in Manhattan but it met our criteria. For future visits to a a New York I would be happy to stay in a different location and explore other areas in New York.
I always value in depth reviews, so I hope this review helps you.
If you have any questions please leave them in the comments and I will try my best to answer them.
I have written a series of blog posts related to my visit in New York City, click on the links for more information:
- Essential things you need when travelling to the United States
- Where to stay when in New York City.
- New York City travel blog
- Top 5 things to do in New York City